Lent is not about being miserable, sad, and funereal in anticipation of Good Friday. It is really a preparation to celebrate God’s marvelous redemption at Easter, and the resurrected life that we live, and hope for as Christians.
The season of Lent spans 40 weekdays beginning on Ash Wednesday and climaxing during Holy Week with Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and concluding on the Saturday before Easter Sunday. Since Sundays celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, the six Sundays that occur during Lent are not counted as part of the 40 days of Lent, and are referred to as the Sundays in Lent.
The number 40 is connected with many biblical events, but especially with the forty days Jesus spent in the wilderness preparing for His ministry by facing the temptations that could lead Him to abandon His mission and calling. Christians today use this period of time for introspection, self-examination, and repentance. This season of the year is equal only to the Season of Advent in importance in the Christian year, and is part of the second major grouping of Christian festivals and sacred times that includes Holy Week, Easter and Pentecost.
We look forward to sharing this journey with you.
The BMC Team.
- 1 April 2018 - Easter Sunday
- 31 March 2018 - Secret Believers (Holy Saturday)
- 30 March 2018 - Where are you God? (Good Friday)
- 29 March 2018 - Celebrating in Strange Places
- 28 March 2018 - All our Betrayals End
- 27 March 2018 - Dem Bones
- 26 March 2018 - Expecting Easter
- 24 March 2018 - The Righteous One
- 23 March 2018 - Breaking the Silence of the Lambs
- 22 March 2018 - Struck down by God
- 21 March 2018 - Endure Suffering
- 20 March 2018 - A New Attitude
- 19 March 2018 - Its not all about me
- 17 March 2018 - God’s Generous Love
- 16 March 2018 - Give me your hand my friend...
- 15 March 2018 - Swallowing Death
- 14 March 2018 - Called to be Saints
- 13 March 2018 - Setting an Example
- 12 March 2018 - What do you see?
- 10 March 2018 - A Transformed Attitude
- 9 March 2018 -
- 8 March 2018 - A New Relationship
- 7 March 2018 - A Suffering God
- 6 March 2018 - A Sacred Place
- 5 March 2018 - Choose Life
- 3 March 2018 -
- 2 March 2018 - Suffering
- 1 March 2018 - Thirst
- 28 February 2018 - Living Waters
- 27 February 2018 - Listen so that You May Live
- 26 February 2018 -
- 24 February 2018 - Suffering
- 23 February 2018 - Nothing but Joy
- 22 February 2018 - Full of Grace and Power
- 21 February 2018 - Jesus Calls Us
- 20 February 2018 - A Mission Discourse
- 19 February 2018 - I have set you an example
- 17 February 2018 - A Godly Life
- 16 February 2018 - This is my Story
- 15 February 2018 - The Glory of this Mystery
- 14 February 2018 (Ash Wednesday) - Damascus Road