Following on from the release of the MCSA’s response to the Corona Virus (released on Mon 9 March 2020) BMC would like to echo the call for calm and move to take steps to minimize the panic that is flooding our community.
As per these MCSA guidelines we encourage members to:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water especially after using the bathroom and before preparing and eating food.
- Maintain social (physical) distancing – at least one metre between yourself and anyone else.
Remember that all the BMC sermons are available on our website on https://www.bmc.org.za/videos
Below are two links to reputable organisations. The World Health Organisation and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases. You can find all the latest info about the virus as well as information on how to protect yourself and your loved ones and what the symptoms of the virus are.
If you fit any of the categories below – please take extreme caution and avoid group gatherings
- If you are over 60 yrs – take extra precautions since the virus has proved to be most dangerous for older people
- If you have travelled recently – please take every precaution to self-isolate to protect others from the potential of getting infected by you
- If you are at Risk – if you have pre-existing medical conditions that may make you more susceptible to respiratory infections,
- If you have Symptoms (including fever, cough and difficulty breathing), please self-isolate, and call the hotline number below.
If you think you might have the virus please phone the toll free number 0800 029 999 if you are in South Africa or contact a local health provider.