BMC offers Christ’s hope to offenders, ex-offenders, their families and their communities through the Second Chance Ministry. We work mainly at Leeuwkop Correctional Centre which includes two medium security centres, a juvenile centre and a maximum security centre. A team of volunteers lead and facilitate an Alpha course on Saturday mornings at the medium and maximum centres and at the juvenile centre on Friday mornings. The Heartlines life skills course is presented during the week at two centres at a time, while we also have Bible studies with offenders during the week. An ex-offender support group meets every month to study the Bible and to help and support one another. Through the Hlumelelisa Horticultural Project, offenders and ex-offenders are provided with practical skills in horticulture to take care of themselves and help their communities.
You can help by:
- Facilitating any of the Alpha or Heartlines course groups
- Adopting an offender as a Second Chance Ministry pen pal or by becoming part of our visitors and prayer groups
- Assisting with the ex-offender support group
- Collecting Bibles to distribute to offenders
- Donating toiletries to juvenile offenders
- Considering ex-offenders for employment.
Contact David Heritage if you can help at 072 577 3495 or firstname.lastname@example.org