HERE ARE A FEW AREAS WHERE YOU CAN SERVE IN THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH
CREATIVE ARTS / SUNDAY SERVICES
- AV Operator: Use software that controls lyrics, static slides and video on our screens. (For 7am service)
- Music team: Opportunities for musicians and singers (For 8:30am & 10:15am services)
- Choir: For the 12pm service
- Door Stewards: If you enjoy making strangers feel like family and greeting people with a warm smile then this role is perfect for you.
- Flower Arrangers: Friday Mornings
- Prayer Team: If you love praying for others, and do so in a natural, loving and authentic manner.
- Hospital Visitation
- Transport to and from Church
- Seniors Visitation
- Follow up
RETREATS & HEALING
- Cancer Projects (Hosts)
- Healing Prayers
DEVELOPMENT AND ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT
- Skills Trainers
- Entrepreneurship Developers
- Seconds Shop Volunteers
EVANGELISM AND CHURCH GROWTH
- Welcoming Visitors
- Contacting Visitors
- New Members Outreach
- New Members Follow up
OUTREACH & MISSIONS
- Faith Sharing
- Evangelism Training
EDUCATION & CHRISTIAN FORMATION
Use your love for kids and your God given talents to touch and change a child’s life! All material, training and mentoring will be provided. Help needed for the 8:30am, 10:15am and 12pm services.
- Leaders for Ages 3-6yrs: We need your help, if you love being a child again, colouring in, playing games, but most of all you love doing it with kids, helping them with activities whilst at the same time building a relationship with them.
- Leaders for Ages 7-12yrs: Journey with a group of kids to help them discover and develop a meaningful relationship with Jesus through building relationships with them.
- Registration & Welcome: We need friendly faces to welcome our children and their families, and ensure the safety of all our kids before the services.
- Communicator/Teacher: Use your communication skills to deliver a prepared message in our youth church environment.
- Small group leader/mentor: Journey with a group of teenagers through some of the toughest years of life. Friday evenings 18h00 – 21h00, and Sunday services: 8h30; 10h15 & 12h00!
- Worship Mentors: Use your musical gift to help grow the Youth Band.
- Youth Confirmation Leaders: Journey with teens on a confirmation programme for 22 weeks, attend sessions Friday evenings and camps.
- Leaders: Journey with Young Adults in the Young Adults Ministry, help plan and execute events and programmes.
- Facilitators: Use your gift and profession to impart skills and knowledge to Young Adults during events and small group sessions.
COURSE FACILITATOR & HOSTS
Use your desire to be a part of a stranger’s investigation of our faith by facilitating a group on our next Alpha Course, run or facilitate other courses or help as a host or with registrations of our courses.
- Small Group leaders: TRAINING AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED!
- Home Groups – meet at your home or at BMC once a week.
- Young Adults– meet at your home or at BMC once a week.
- Classes – meet after the 12 o’clock service on a Sunday.
- Connect Groups – Do what you love and invite others to join you: Writing, Cooking, etc.
- Small Group Connect: Would you like to help people connect into small groups? We need you to stand in the foyer (at the small group table) in between services on a Sunday to explain what small groups are about and hand out leaflets to those interested.
- Small Group Training: Do you have extensive proven experience in small groups or training? We need you to assist us in training our “new facilitators”.
- Small Group Events: Welcome and register people.
JUSTICE, SERVICE & RECONCILIATION
Join us on a tuesday morning from 7-9:30am cooking food for the Lazarus Ministry (+- 200 people)
Join us in preparing soup on Thursday mornings from 8am – 11am. Then you can also assist in the evening with serving the soup and bread. The team meets in the car park every Thursday from 5:30pm and returns back to the church at around 7:45pm.
OFFICE RECEPTION VOLUNTEER
Have a flexible schedule? Then use your skills to help fill-in for our receptionist at different times, as and when needed. Tasks include taking calls and transferring to the correct extensions, taking down messages and e-mailing to person for whom it is intended, controlling the front and middle doors for visitors and accepting courier parcels and informing recipients of it.
HANDYMAN, MAINTENANCE, GARDENING OR LANDSCAPING
Use your hands to help us keep our church building in tip-top shape
Fund Raisers are needed to assist the income of the church, if you are passionate and skilled in this area contact us.
- Coffee Shop: Assistants needed for the 7am, 08:30 and 10:15am services
If you would like to serve in any of these areas please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form on the right.